In preparation for Session 2:
- Complete the VoiceThread activity (see Session 1 for more info)
- Complete the PLN task (see Session 1 for more info)
During Session 2:
- Theoretical perspectives on interaction
- Interaction types and tools
- five types of interaction (i.e., learner-content, learner-instructor, learner-learner, learner-community of practice, and learner-self)
- tools in the PLN tool browser (under “Collaboration” function)
- Sample collaborative blended task using crowd-sourced data:
- Hands-on practice:
- In small groups (2-3), complete the task in the worksheet.
In preparation for Session 3 (homework):
- Complete the crowd-sourced data-based activity:
- Create a new page in your Google Site and call it “Crowd-sourced data-based activity”
- On this new page, write a short description (100-200 words) of your idea for using crowd-sourced data in a language activity sequence that you have shared and discussed with your colleagues during Session 2. In your description, specify the outcomes for the activity (i.e., what your learners will be able to do after the activity), assessment (i.e., how you will know), and tech tool(s) required for completing the activity.