In preparation for the first session:
- Read this article about online learning.
- Complete the VoiceThread activity (see below).
During the first session:
- Introduce the series and provide an overview of the content organized around three main thematic areas: Content Development, Interaction, and Technology (reflected in the Online Learning Design Studio).
- Review badges granted for each thematic area and for successful completion of the entire series.
- Introduce Distance Learning at the UH website, including UH test centers.
- Discuss Backward design and Course objectives & assessments (also check the Manoa Assessment Office website).
- Review documents: Quality Guidelines, Online Course Outline, and Adapting Resources.
- Hands-on practice (see the tutorial):
- Open Online Course Outline, and in the Google Docs File menu, select “make a copy.” Rename your copy “[Your name] – Online Course Outline” and share it so that “Anyone within UH can comment.”
- Create a Google Site and submit the URL to your site in the Participants’ List document.
- Make a new page called “Online Course Outline” on your Google Site and place a link on the page linking to your Google doc ( “[Your name] – Online Course Outline”).
In preparation for our next session (homework for Session 2):
- Browse the Personal Learning Networks site.
- In your own copy of the Google Doc you started during Session 1 (“[Your name] – Online Course Outline”), complete the sections “General Information,” “Course Goals and Learning Objectives,” and “Assessment” to the extent you can at this point. This document serves as a blueprint for your course, and you will be adding content to different sections of the document as we move through our sessions. As we move forward, the series staff will monitor your Google Site to look at your document as it evolves and to leave comments.
- Request a Laulima Course: Open the form and
1. Select “Development of future courses.”2. Enter a course title (do not leave blank)
*Resources: Laulima workshop by CTE on 2/13/2017