In preparation for the second session:
- Browse the Personal Learning Networks site.
- In your own copy of the Google Doc you started during Session 1 (“[Your name] – Online Course Outline”), complete the sections “General Information,” “Course Goals and Learning Objectives,” and “Assessment” to the extent you can at this point. This document serves as a blueprint for your course, and you will be adding content to different sections of the document as we move through our sessions. As we move forward, the series staff will monitor your Google Site to look at your document as it evolves and to leave comments.
- Request a Laulima Course: Open the form and
1. Select “Development of future courses.”2. Enter a course title (do not leave blank).
*Resources: Laulima workshop by CTE on 2/13/2017
During the second session:
Creating a Personal Learning Network (PLN):
- Introduce the concept of a Personal Learning Network.
- Demonstrate the PLN Tool Browser.
- Introduce the ECML’s Inventory of ICT Tools and OERs for language learning and teaching.
Using Creative Commons content:
- Adding external web content to Laulima (embedding and linking).
- Adding and removing tools in Laulima (for example, add Gradebook).
- Options for making a screen capture, annotating images (Snipping Tool, Skitch), and editing images (Pixlr).
- In your Laulima course, take a screenshot of your Laulima homepage and annotate the screenshot (e.g., by using Skitch). Next, in your Google site, create a new page (e.g., titled “Screenshot”) and insert the annotated screenshot (see this step-by-step tutorial).
- Adding and removing apps in Google Drive (example: Movenote).
- Introduce Online Course Review System based on the Quality Guidelines for Online Courses.