In preparation for the third session:
- Review the Leeward CC English 100 Course (Google Site) using the Online Course Review System. To review the course, click here.
- Analyze the Leeward CC English 100 Course (Google Site)
- Check our summary of Google Site page types (with examples)
- Video: Pedagogical Uses of Video and a Video Resource List
- Audio: Pedagogical Uses of Audio and an Audio Resource List
- Record a short (1-2 minute) video of yourself with a webcam using QuickTime Player (Mac), Movie Maker (Windows), or one of these methods. In the video, give an overview of the course you are developing, suitable for students to view the first time they enter the course.
- Create a non-UH (regular) Gmail account (if you don’t have one) and log in.
- Upload your video to your non-UH YouTube (Google) account.
- Create a new page on your Google Site and embed the YouTube video.
In preparation for our next session (homework for Session 4):
- Embed your YouTube video into the Google Site (if you haven’t done so yet).
- Make sure you have completed the review of the Leeward CC English 100 Course (Google Site) using the Online Course Review System (click here to review the course).
- In your own copy of the Google Doc you started during Session 1 (“[Your name] – Online Course Outline”), complete the “Course Content” section. Make sure you have already completed the previously assigned sections: “General Information,” “Course Goals and Learning Objectives,” and “Assessment.”