In preparation for the fifth session:
- Complete the “Interaction” section in your Online Course Outline document (as well as the “Course Content” section, if you have not completed it yet).
- Complete your discussion profile and participate in the Laulima discussion “Thinking about interaction in your course“.
- In your Laulima course, create a discussion prompt (if you haven’t done so yet) using the tool of your choice, that is, Discussion and Private Messages, Forum, or Clog.
- During Session 5, you will participate in a Hālāwai (Adobe Connect) session. Please test your system by clicking here to check if your computer is configured for Hālāwai.
- Introduction to Hālāwai (i.e., UH version of Adobe Connect):
- To schedule a meeting: https://www.hawaii.edu/halawai/tutorials_sched.htm
- More about Hālāwai: https://www.hawaii.edu/halawai/tutorials.htm
- Overview of Hālāwai features:
- Interface (Pods):
- Attendee List (Host, Presenter, and Participant)
- Chat (everyone or private)
- Share (desktop, documents, applications, whiteboard)
- File Share
- Layouts: Sharing, Discussion, and Collaboration
- Status Indicators (e.g., Raise Hand, Agree, Disagree, etc.)
- Microphone Settings
- Web Cam
- Roles: Host, Presenter, and Attendee
- Interface (Pods):
- Explore Alternatives to Hālāwai (under Videoconferencing Tools)
Session 6: Show and Tell
Our last session will be on April 6 (Section 1) and April 7 (Section 2). As you know, you can receive badges that certify the completion of the tasks listed under Badge Criteria. The deadline to complete all Badge tasks is Monday, April 24, 2017.
The main purpose of the last session is for you and us to get feedback. During the first portion of the time we will focus on your projects and during the second part of the session we will focus on getting feedback about the series. We propose these two options to organize your part:
- Option 1: Present an aspect of your online course that you would like to receive feedback on (e.g., setting up a particular type of interaction for a particular type of task).
- Option 2: Present your overall course design (blueprint) focusing on course content, interaction, and the technologies you will use.
Please be as concise as possible. We suggest you plan on spending no longer than 10 minutes presenting so that there is time for you to receive feedback.
In addition to your presentation (i.e., Option 1 or 2 above), please complete the following tasks that are required for meeting the badge criteria:
- Complete the “Technology Needs” section in your Online Course Outline document.
- Perform all tasks listed in Manage Google Drive Apps, including posting a screenshot of your added app in your Google Site.