CLT Facilities are maintained through grants awarded to the CLT and College of LLL funds. Users outside the college may rent our facilities for a modest fee. Please submit reservations requests at least two weeks in advance. If the event does not serve an academic purpose, please contact the CLT before you make a request.
hours of operation
- Monday – Friday, 8a – 4.30p (Hawaii‘i Standard Time)
- Closed on holidays and weekends.
- Requests outside of normal business hours are based on staff availability and require the presence of CLT staff (see fee).
- Submit a reservation form to request use of a facility. Users outside the college may submit reservations up to two weeks in advance if the event does not serve an academic purpose. Online reservation form.
- CLT will confirm your request.
- To cancel a confirmed reservation, please give a minimum of 24 hours notice. Upon cancellation, the CLT will only invoice for costs already incurred, for example, installation of additional software.
- Upon completion of the lab usage, the CLT will invoice for costs incurred, for example, room usage, software installation, cleaning fee, etc.
To cancel a confirmed reservation, please give a minimum of 24 hours notice. We will only invoice for costs already incurred, like installation of non-standard software.
conditions of use
The group using the lab must agree to the following conditions:
- Food and beverages are NOT permitted in the lab. CTL staff cannot always enforce this policy, so a cleaning fee of $100 will be assessed to clean beverage spills or food stains if they occur. The renting organization is responsible for replacement cost of equipment if any equipment is damaged during the training room rental.
- All equipment, including the overhead projector, chairs and tables, must remain in the lab.
- The group using the lab is responsible for safe keeping of all equipment during lab use and will be held liable for any lost and/or damage due to misuse, abuse, or negligence (i.e. equipment missing when door not closed and locked after last person leaves.)
- The Center for Language and Technology is not responsible for injury to instructor or participants and is not liable for personal property loss.
For more info, email or call 808.956.8047
Additional software required on the computers must be provided by the department/group using the lab and must be installed by CLT. The group must provide CLT with a disclaimer that the group will take full responsibility for legal licenses of the software. An additional charge ($40/hr) will be applied for installation and removal (restore the systems back to the original configuration ) service. The group using the lab must agree in advance to pay for these extra charges.
technical assistance to be present during the session
- $15/hr for student assistant
- $50/hr for staff
Technical assistance must be pre-arranged and is based on staff/student availability. Staff and students are not available “on-call.”
Other special requests require manager approval; email CLT.